Reality. It is a strange thing isn’t it?
It is something that I have mentioned several times throughout this blog, not least of all in my post “Tugging On The Strand That Unravels Reality – Dealing With The Past”.
In that post I mentioned that Einstein stated that, ““Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” and went onto say that with some mental illnesses sometimes there can be more than one reality – the real reality and the one that you are perceiving at the time.
Of course ideally you want the two to be the one and certainly being real and keeping it real is something that I try to achieve within this blog.
So it is both humbling and touching when someone awards you a reality based award such as the “Reality Blog Award.”
And for this I have Carolyn over at “The Hurt Healer” to thank. Because having been nominated herself for this award she very kindly nominated this blog for one also. And (in line with the nomination requirements) you can find that post here.
So thank you Carolyn, I know I have already thanked you in my response to your comment notifying me of your nomination of this blog, but I wanted to publicly thank you here also.
So what are the award’s requirements?
Well according to Carolyn’s post they are as follows…
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you - Check √
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them – Check (See above) √
- Answer the 5 questions presented – Check (See Below) √
- Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify them on their blogs - Check (See Below) √
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere - Check (See Margin) √
So here are those five questions and my answers…
- If you could change one thing what would you change? I’d change the way we see ourselves and each other and especially those of us who suffer from poor mental health and mental illness. The stigma attached to mental health and mental illness is still so tragic and sadly we often apply it to ourselves.
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be? It’s a hard one isn’t it? I am tempted to say my early childhood years as those are the years which I have no memory of, but then I really wouldn’t want to repeat any age. After all, since I was who I was at that age, wouldn’t I simply make the same decisions, wouldn’t those around me make the same decisions in the repeating that I or they did in the original?
- What one thing really scares you? I am not sure anything really scares me that much nowadays. But, giving how my mind can often be, losing my mental capabilities would be right up there if I were to have a fear.
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? I am not sure there is one, but if there were I would think flying to the States and to Canada and meeting my children and also some fellow bloggers would be one that I am not sure I will ever achieve.
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? LOL I have Dissociative Identity Disorder and Psychosis, I am often someone else, just being me for a day would be a blessing!
So there you have them – the five questions and my answers. Which I think only leaves my nominations to deal with. And this is the part which gives me the greatest pleasure!
The Reality Blog Award stands for…
Real, Energizing, Amazing, Lovely, Inspiring, Touching,Yippee!
And so it is with the greatest of pleasure which I award this award to the following blogs – listed in alphabetical order only. (and the only reason I am not including The Hurt Healer in my list is because Carolyn has already received this award) …
So, having now complied with all of the requirements, I would again like to thank Carolyn for her kindness in nominating this blog and to encourage you all to pop over and visit those blogs that I have awarded this award to. They really are well worth the visit!